About the Author
Sandra Wilde, Ph.D., is widely recognized for her expertise in developmental spelling and her advocacy of holistic approaches to spelling and phonics.
She is Professor of Curriculum and Instruction at Hunter College in New York. She is best known for her work in invented spelling, phonics and miscue analysis. She specializes in showing teachers how kids' invented spellings and miscues can help us work with them in more sophisticated and learner-centered ways.
Looking at what kids do as they read and write is at the heart of Sandra's presentations and workshops. She can do lively keynote presentations that highlight the interesting things that we can learn by paying close attention to students' invented spellings and miscues, as well as workshops of varying lengths that focus on student-centered teaching of spelling and phonics. She has recently begun offering workshops that focus on understanding students' miscues as a guide to appropriate instruction, particularly for struggling readers.
- Spelling Patterns and Strategies (Spiral Bound + CD-ROM)
- Testing and Standards: A Brief Encyclopedia (Paperback)
- Miscue Analysis Made Easy: Building on Student Strengths (Paperback)
- What's a Schwa Sound Anyway?: A Holistic Guide to Phonetics, Phonics, and Spelling (Paperback)
- It's the Story that Counts: More Children's Books for Mathematical Learning, K-6 (Paperback)
- Read Any Good Math Lately?: Children's Books for Mathematical Learning, K-6 (Paperback)
- You Kan Red This!: Spelling and Punctuation for Whole Language Classrooms, K-6 (Paperback)
|Copyright© 2017 Heinemann. A division of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All Rights Reserved.|